In this blog post, I am going to show you how to successfully connect your crypto trading exchange to your new Autocryptobots automated trading account.
First, I want to go over real quick what an API key is and the reason we use them.
API stands for Application Programming Interface.
Why do we use API keys
You should see an API Key as a tool that lets you access a specific set of data from everywhere. The EU made clear to banks that they have to allow customers to get their API keys to enhance transparency and trust.
Cryptocurrency exchanges follow the same regulation and therefore are allowing traders to generate API keys from their setting pages.
You need API keys when you want to create a link between your account with exchanges and another software.
To trade automatically via Autocryptobots, you need to copy/paste the API keys from the various exchanges. Once you put your API keys into Autocryptobots, you will be able to automate your trading sessions across multiple exchanges without moving your cryptos outside the exchange!
To let you have full control over the data you want to share, each API keys set can be generated with different permissions granted to the keys themselves.
If you create your keys with “read balance” permission only, the only thing you will be able to do with the API is to read your balance.
To trade with Autocryptobots you need to grant “read balance” and “trade” permission.
You never have to grant “withdrawal” permissions to your keys so that nobody will be able to withdraw your funds from the exchange without your explicit permissions!
Now that we know more about APIs, let me show you where we can find them and how to connect your exchanges to Autocryptobots.
Autocryptobots currently lets you connect with six different exchanges. You only need to connect one to automate crypto trading, but you can, in fact, connect all six and trade between all of them from Autocryptobots. There is now no need to have multiple tabs open to trade on multiple exchanges. That’s a win for us all…
If you would like to connect to one of these other than Bittrex, click the button the view the API connecting instructions.
1. Click on the Bittrex logo at the top and click connect. It will highlight green.
2. You will now be taken to the API section. Here you will find illustrated slides on how to connect your Bittrex account to Autocryptobots.
Let’s move on.
3. If you already have a Bittrex account login, If you do not have an account already set up click the blue link ‘Create it now.’
Once you have either logged in or created your new Bittrex trading account you now need to find your API key settings.
4. Sign up or log in.
6. On the left hand menu click API Keys.
[An API key can be generated with different permissions granted. We highly encourage you to generate API Key without Withdrawal Permissions Granted]
7. To generate API keys, you need to have the Two-factors authentication enabled.
You can download the Google Authentication Application available on IOS and and Android. I have all my account connect on my mobile app even Coinbase for buy and selling cryptocurrencies.
8. Once you put your 2-factor code in Click ‘Add New Key’
9. Once your Key is created, Enable the ‘READ INFO’ and ‘TRADE. exclude ‘WITHDRAW’
Again Note This: We highly encourage you to generate API Keys without Withdrawal Permissions Granted.
10. Here you have to use the Google Authenticator application and enter the code to continue.. Click confirm was entered.
11. Your API key is now created.
11. Copy & Paste your ‘API Key’ and ‘API Secret’ to into the boxes on Autocryptobots, and click ‘save Now’ and you are all set!
Do you want to connect a different exchange and add multiple crypto exchanges to trade across them all from one place?